Create a Website Account - Manage notification subscriptions, save form progress and more.
Dr. John Bender was an outstanding member of the Canal Winchester community. He served as a City Council member for 17 years, chairing many committees during his time. For his efforts in dedicating his life to mentoring, guiding and teaching students, this scholarship is donated in his name.
Click here for a PDF application.
To be eligible:
1. The applicant must reside within the Canal Winchester city limits.
2. The applicant must be a graduating senior from high school and planning to enter into their first year of post secondary education in the summer/fall of their graduating year.
3. The applicant must have at least a 2.5 cumulative grade point average.
4. The applicant must submit a certified cumulative high school transcript.
5. The applicant must submit three letters of recommendation. (One should be familiar with your academic ability, one with your community service activities, and one with your leadership ability.)
6. The applicant must submit a two page typed written paper on the following topic: How will you use your college education to make your community a better place to live?
7. The completed application must be submitted to the Canal Winchester Clerk of Council (complete online, send by mail, or drop in the drop box outside City Hall, 45 E. Waterloo Street) by March 31, 2023.
This field is not part of the form submission.
* indicates a required field