Christmas in the Village
2019 Christmas in the Village
Canal Winchester's annual storybook Christmas celebration will be held in the city's historic downtown on Friday, December 6 and Saturday, December 7.
FRIDAY NIGHT: 6:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.
SATURDAY NIGHT: 5:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Activities will take place on the sidewalks and streets of downtown Canal Winchester as well as inside several business establishments around the city's municipal office building at 36 S. High Street.
For more information about Christmas in the Village, please contact Amanda Lemke at 614-834-9915. *For Craft Bazaar information, please contact Karen Stiles, Executive Director of Destination: Canal Winchester at 614-270-5053.
Christmas in the Village is a partnership between the City of Canal Winchester and Destination:Canal Winchester.
Christmas in the Village
- Tree Lighting 6:00 p.m. Friday, 5:00 p.m. Saturday (Stradley Park - 36 S. High, Courtesy of Santa Claus)
- Visit with Santa (Hosted by Huntington Bank - 37 S. High, Courtesy of Destination: CW) *Look for Canal Winchester Human Services' Adopt-A-Family Toy Box! Food, Toy, or Donation to Adopt-A-Family Program always appreciated!
- Christmas Trolley (Stops at Huntington Bank, Community Center, and Train Depot)
- Popcorn Station (Hosted by Miss CW Pageant Queens, Stradley Place - 36 S. High)
- Ice Sculptures (Stradley Place)
- Hayrides (In front of municipal building - 36 S. High, courtesy of Dill's Greenhouse and Mr. Larry Dowler)
- Gingerbread House Contest (Hosted by HER Realtors, Kelly Abbott - 11 S. High) Gingerbread House Contest Entry will open in October.
- Children's Games (Hosted by Chase Bank - 8 S. High, courtesy of Primrose School, CW)
- Children's Crafts (Town Hall - 10 N. High, courtesy of Goddard School, CW)
- Craft Bazaar & Train Display (Community Center - 22 S. Trine, courtesy of Destination: CW) *vendor application will be available in October
- *Friday - Brockstrong Holiday Lights Parade with Santa (Begins at 5:30 p.m. with Santa arriving downtown at 6:00 p.m.) Parade route (PDF)
- *Friday - Christmas Carols by CWHS Choir (Stradley Place - 36 S. High, 5:30 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.)
- *Saturday - Santa Procession (Begins at 4:30 p.m. with Santa arriving downtown at 5:00 p.m.) Santa route (PDF)
Visit our Historic Downtown Business District
during Christmas in the Village!
Some businesses in the city's downtown may be hosting special events during Christmas in the Village - see below:
- Canal Winchester Area Historical Society's Prentiss School and Railroad Depot will be open to visitors each night. (Hosted by CW Historical Society - 96 N. High)
- Meet Frosty the Snowman (Hosted by e-Merge Realty, The Megan Bell Group - 11 N. High)
- Cookies & Cardmaking (Hosted by Faith United Methodist Church - 15 W. Columbus)
- Pet Pictures with Santa (Hosted by Friends for Life Animal Haven, Vasko office- 19 N. High)*$10 donation suggested
- Meet the Grinch (Hosted by HER Realtors, Smith Home Group - 25 N. High)
- Meet Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer (Hosted by Rise Realty, CW - 36 N. High)
- Christmas S'mores (Hosted by RE/MAX Connection Realtors - 74 N. High)
- Food, Friends, & Fa-La-La Fun! (Hosted by our many quaint local shops & restaurants along High Street and Waterloo Street!)
- Christmas Music on S. High Street (courtesy of Councilman Mike Walker)